Tuesday, September 2, 2008

GREAT FIRST DAY AT SAMS!!!!

Since my last posting on Friday, I feel as if life is unfolding with so many blessings. Saturday did see the arrival of my 16 boxes, and as I started unpacking, it felt like Christmas! Having no idea what I was facing I had to 2nd guess anything I might need or want to have around me. Nothing was damaged or broken, and as I opened family pictures, my gift of a beautiful photo with my St. John's Jr. Choir in Niagara Falls and their stuffed "Golden" puppy I felt like I had won the lottery.
Sunday I played my first service at the Church of the Ascension Anglican Parish. I can't even begin to describe the emotion as I played the new Clavinova Keyboard the had purchased for me from Edmonton. I'm a "purist" but the pipe organ options were believable! A potluck luncheon followed with delicious foods including Arctic Char,and a special cake with "Welcome Cynthia". Several of the elementary students were in attendance, and 1 one came over to tell me that the cake looked really good! I took that as my signal to take a picture of it, cut it, and then they all enjoyed!
I spent yesterday unpacking and getting my head around today with a few "contingency" plans for my classes. It was a great day- the students are warm, unspoiled, and eager to learn We all had fun today and in my 7 classes that I did see, I am struck by the untapped talent. I just want to share my love of music with them all, build their self-esteem and help them shine!
My camera to computer is being stubborn. I will post photos as I soon as "I" win OR get help. It's another day of fresh air and glorious sunshine in this amazing corner of the earth. I'm well, happy, and getting lots of exercise!

5 comments:

Kathy Conway said...

I've enjoyed reading about your journey so far. It seems like you are embracing this life experience and will find all the positive elements and joy that this adventure will bring. Of course we all miss you, but I am happy to know that you have been embraced by your new friends.
Isn't God amazing. Without faith, there is nothing.

Ruth said...

Cynthia: Just getting into the Blog thing. Will follow your adventures!

Lots of love,
Ruth

Anne said...

Cynthia, I'm SO impressed by your happy, positive outlook and all the new experiences you're having up there!! So far it seems obvious this was a good life choice for you at this point! Keep on posting for us- it's lots of fun to follow.
Loads of love,
Anne

Elaine Polley said...

Hi, Cynthia,

I'm just LOVING your blog. Do keep the news coming. I'm so glad things seem to be working out well.

Love you lots,

Elaine

Unknown said...

Cynthia: Great to hear you have received you 'stuff' and are quickly getting settled in. It's also great to hear that you are also settling in just fine at church and school alike.
Karen is home from the QEH after another round of chemo that has caused some fatigue that she is now rebounding from. We only hope she continues to and will undergo her next cycle with less difficulty. We will know by mid-October whether we will proceed with the stem cell transplant. We only can hope and pray that she will be in remission at that time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in the North......

Karen and Bob Sherren