Saturday, August 30, 2008

A BRILLIANT SUNNY MORNING!!!

It has been a very busy two days of meetings re school start-up. I am so impressed with the school, the staff and administration, and the high level of professionalism on EVERY level. The resources are unlike anything I've seen in any school, public OR private in my entire teaching career!! It feels SO good to be back doing the thing I have always loved the most after 8 years of feeling underutilized.
This morning the movers are to deliver my things from Ontario. Then I will go to the school to finish setting up my large, bright music room. After that I will going to the church to see the new Clavinova Keyboard they have ordered for me, and meet with people to plan tomorrow's music. Then I plan to explore Inuvik and check out the community centre to get the pool and fitness schedule. I will post pictures over the weekend.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Wow!!! It sounds as though everything is working out well for you!!! I'm thrilled that you are already feeling so positive regarding your resources and the administration(v. important!). I hope that the movers arrive without complication and that you enjoy the day getting settled into your new home! Wish that I could be there! Give me ring this weekend if you have time - I'm off...

Love you,

Steph

Rosalyn said...

Hi Cynthia,
I also am glad to know that you have arrived and all is well. Denis(a VERY relaxed Denis)and I are looking forward to hearing about your adventure!It sounds as if you will be surrounded by "good"people ha!
Love R and Big D